Office of Student Financial Aid
It's time to file your 2018-2019 FAFSA!
The 2018-19 FAFSA is available at fafsa.gov as of October 1, 2017. Students with enrollment plans for Summer 2018, Fall 2018, and/or Spring 2019 semesters should complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA. See more information about FAFSA.
The Akron Guarantee Scholarship not only guarantees the yearly renewal of your scholarship for as long as you are in good academic standing, but it also offers even greater financial support through automatic yearly upgrades.
The 2017-2018 academic year is underway!
Here are key points for enrollment during 2017-18 at The University of Akron!
- Starting at UA during the Spring 2018 semester? Contact us to make sure your financial aid is in order for a smooth transition in the spring!
- Complete and submit the 2017-18 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - for enrollment during Summer 2017, Fall 2017, and/or Spring 2018. We encourage you to complete the FAFSA regardless of your financial situation. Be sure to include UA’s school code: 003123.
- Students who met the December 1, 2016 priority FAFSA date for the 2017-18 academic year were considered for every financial aid program for which they may be eligible while funds are available. Students whose FAFSAs will be submitted to the U.S. Department of Education after December 1 are not automatically eligible for federal university-administered funds, such as Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant and Federal Work-Study unless there are funds remaining after students who met the deadline are awarded.
- Complete and submit the Private (Endowed) Scholarship Application by May 1st. There is a separate application for new freshman undergraduate students, transfer undergraduate students, and continuing undergraduate students.
- Student advisory: No need to pay for financial aid services.
- Looking for financial aid forms? You'll find them here.