Saturday MBA Program – Complete an MBA in Two Years Attending Class Every Other Saturday
The College of Business Administration (CBA) makes it possible for working professionals outside of Akron to complete a graduate degree in two years. Students take courses taught by the same expert faculty who are part of the highest ranked part-time MBA program at a public university in Northeast Ohio, according to national rankings. In addition, The University of Akron offers one of the most affordable tuition rates in Northeast Ohio for an AACSB-accredited MBA.
The Saturday MBA is a cohort-based program, where a class starts at the same time and completes the program together by attending Saturday sessions. This format provides a team environment that is conducive to learning.
Applications are currently being accepted for the next cohort, which will start in Fall Semester 2017 and end in Summer Semester 2019. Deadline to apply is July 15.
In the Saturday MBA Program, students take three courses per semester (7-9 credits) using hybrid in-class and online formats. Classes alternate between the Medina County University Center (MCUC) and University of Akron Lakewood campuses.
Program features include:
- Classes meet every other Saturday, from 8 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- Students take one course at a time over 3-4 Saturday sessions.
- Students take 3 courses each semester to complete their degree in 6 semesters, including summers.
- All students are enrolled in the Interdisciplinary MBA Concentration, which consists of three elective courses approved by the Graduate Programs Director to provide students with marketplace-relevant content.
- Each student completes a project applying their knowledge and skills to an area of personal and/or career interest.
- For student convenience, the class schedule is established in advance, and our staff takes care of all course registration needs.
- On occasion, local business executives hold informal question-and-answer sessions for Saturday MBA students.
- Lunch is provided during on-site class sessions.
- Free parking.
Tuition and fees:
- $687.50 per credit hour
- $33,000 total program rate
- Additional fees may apply for non-Ohio residents